Benefits of a Home Energy Assessment
BENEFITS OF A HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT
What is a home energy assessment? Why is it important? Who does it? Can I have one done at my home? Now is the perfect time to consider all of these questions.
What is a Home Energy Assessment?
A home energy assessment is simple: A Homestead Energy Solutions professional makes a visit to your home and performs a comprehensive, whole-house assessment to determine its energy efficiency. During a home energy assessment, you'll be provided with about $1,000 worth of energy-efficient products and services for one low copay of $75*.
*Until December 31st, 2020 there is no co-pay required!
Why should I have one?
Home energy assessments are designed to provide a detailed and personalized plan for getting the most out of your house, and giving you access to rebates for insulation, energy efficient appliances, water heaters, heating and cooling systems. An assessment will provide you a better understanding of your options when it comes to saving on energy.
Here’s what you can expect:
A home energy assessment on average typically takes 3 to 5 hours, depending on the size of your home and its layout.
The Home Performance Specialist will:
- Perform a safety inspection of your mechanical equipment.
- Test heating and cooling systems.
- Check for insulation throughout your home.
- Replace up to 25 incandescent bulbs with long-lasting LED lights.
- Complete a blower door test to identify areas of air leakage and then address them with caulk, foam, weatherstripping and door sweeps.
- Give you a report with a list of recommendations, estimated costs to install equipment, savings estimates, and next steps.
How do I get started?
Simply call 860.870.8700 today to schedule your no-cost home energy assessment with Homestead Energy Solutions. A home energy assessment can save you money over several years, so the sooner you get started, the better. From looking at your current energy usage, to installing ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs at no cost, the benefits of having a professional technician visit your home are countless.