Homestead Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Energy & Water – Ellington, CT
Homestead Comfort, located in Ellington, CT has an opening for a HVAC Plumber. The right candidate will have excellent technical skills and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. This person must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and must possess a high degree of integrity, the ability to analyze a variety of problems, and work independently. This position requires mature judgment and initiative. Time management and organizational skills are essential. Competitive salary with pay based on experience.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to participate in a company looking to grow and invest in team member's future
- Positive environment with career path advancement opportunities
- Year round work
- Great reputation built around loyal customer base
- Great benefit package including 401k, paid vacation, uniforms, company van
- $2,500 sign on bonus for qualified candidates
Pay Scale: DOE
Work Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm or when job is finished. overtime as needed
Primary Job Function: To provide maintenance and installation for customers. Providing the customer with high quality experience. Must be willing to travel Northern Connecticut and have valid Driver’s license.
- Residential service and installation experience
- Valid Driver’s License and insurable by company carrier
- Must be CT licensed with P1 or P2
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong finger and manual dexterity for handling pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Detail-oriented, organized, and proficient in reading blueprints
- Strong knowledge of local plumbing codes
- Willing to work in all types of weather
- Considerable knowledge of standard tools, methods, and materials of the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions of the work
- Tankless water heater experience is a plus
- Universal EPA certification
- Certificate of completion from an HVAC technical school
- 2+ years of experience
- Insurable driving record
- Possess tools needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.