What’s The Difference Between Heating Oil & Bioheat?
Modern versus conventional heating oil
Believe it or not, heating oil once held a reputation as being “dirty.” But that’s not true today. There’s no need to hold back your love of modern heating oil! You can feel confident in your fuel choice, because heating oil has only gotten better over time! The heating oil you’re using in your home’s furnace or boiler isn’t the same smelly, smoky heating oil of a few decades ago. Advances in technology have allowed heating oil to burn cleaner, be more efficient and be better for the Connecticut environment we all love. Those advances allow Homestead Comfort to exclusively deliver Bioheat ® fuel and say goodbye to old-fashioned heating oil. Read on to learn more about the benefits of modern heating oil.
Organic heating oil – is that thing? Yep!
Bioheat fuel is a major player in the heating oil revolution. Ultra-low sulfur heating oil is blended with up to 20% biofuels to create the Bioheat delivered by Homestead Comfort. Unlike traditional heating oil, these biofuels are renewable resources, including:
- plant oils such as sunflower, rapeseed, corn and soybean
- animal fats
- recycled restaurant cooking oils
With these natural and organic ingredients, it’s no wonder modern heating oil is so much cleaner than in the past!
Bioheat fuel compared with conventional heating oil
Bioheat fuel holds its own against traditional heating oil. You’ll see that Bioheat can offer you:
- A cleaner-burning fuel: With a blend of organic biodiesel and ultra-low sulfur heating oil, Bioheat dramatically reduces greenhouse gas emissions, making Bioheat fuel better for the environment. You can reduce your carbon footprint and lower your impact on climate change just by choosing modern heating oil.
- A look at the numbers: Bioheat fuel reduces sulfur oxides, including sulfur dioxide, by 80%, compared with traditional heating oil, and it reduces nitrogen dioxide by 20% to 30%. Those compounds are both contributors to acid rain and respiratory illnesses. Bioheat fuel reduces carbon dioxide emissions by 20% versus heating oil.
- No need for regulation: Bioheat fuel is so clean that the heating equipment burning it isn’t even regulated by the federal Clean Air Act.
- Energy efficiency that pays off: Bioheat fuel helps your furnace or boiler work more efficiently, which lowers your energy costs. Moreover, Bioheat fuel remains compatible with traditional oil-fired systems – no modifications necessary— and it boasts the highest Btu content of any alternative fuel. In other words, customers that use Bioheat don’t need to burn as much to heat their homes and water.
- Improved equipment longevity: That clean-burning you get with Bioheat fuel means fewer deposits end up on your heating system’s parts, so there is less wear and tear on your furnace or boiler. Not only does Bioheat fuel reduce your heating system’s risk of breakdowns, but it also helps extend its life expectancy. You’ll save money on equipment repairs, and you’ll get more bang for your buck.
Homestead Comfort offers comfort you can count on
Compared to the conventional heating oil of the past, Bioheat fuel is better for the environment, your home and your wallet. For more than 30 years, Homestead Comfort has been providing Tolland, Hartford and Windham counties with dependable heating oil delivery, quality HVAC and comfort equipment service, plumbing service, water services, home energy services and more.
Become a Homestead Comfort customer and enjoy clean-burning, efficient Bioheat fuel in your home!