Fuel Oil Programs
To help keep your heating costs manageable, Homestead offers three fuel oil programs. Choose the program that works best for your budget. Not sure which plan is right for you? Homestead is happy to help you make a selection.
Monthly Heating Oil Budget Plans
The monthly budget plan allows you to spread your annual heating expenditures over 12 equal monthly payments.
Pre-Buy Fixed Price Oil Programs
The pre-buy program allows you to purchase a set amount of oil at a fixed price per gallon (price to be determined).
Cap Heating Oil Price Program
The cap price program guarantees that the price per gallon you pay for oil will not exceed a “locked in” price. Under this program, there is a price protection fee per gallon, that must be paid for upfront.
How the cap price program works (example included below):
- You cap your oil at $2.449 per gallon – you pay a $0.23 fee per gallon.*
- If you cap 500 gallons of oil, you would pay a total of $115 for the price protection fee.
- If the oil price drops to $2.049, you will be billed $2.049 (instead of your capped price).
- After your maximum amount of “capped price” oil is consumed, any additional oil delivered to you will be charged at regular price.
- Your “locked in” price expires on April 30. Any oil delivered to you after this date will be charged at regular price.
*Pricing to be used for illustration purposes only.
Homestead offers two payment options for the cap price program:
- Easy Pay Cap Program: Homestead will help you determine the number of gallons you anticipate using this season. This amount will be multiplied by the Cap Price to determine your monthly Easy Pay Amount. This will be paid in 7 equal monthly payments, starting October 1st. If you do not use the entire Easy Pay Amount, you will be eligible for a refund or credit after June 1 of that year.
- Regular Cap Program: Homestead will help you determine the number of gallons you anticipate using this season. You will pay for the oil as it is delivered.