Wouldn’t you love to have the peace of mind of knowing your home won’t ever lose power? A whole-house generator can ensure that even in the most severe weather conditions, your home will still provide comfort, security, and convenience to you and your family.
A Generac-certified Homestead technician can permanently install a generator to protect your home. Generac generators run on natural gas or liquid propane fuel. This generator is installed outside, just like a central air conditioning unit, and delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system to back up your entire home, or just essential items.
Generac generators provide uninterrupted power to your home. When the power goes out, your generator turns on whether you’re home or not.
No Refueling Needed
- No gas fill up is needed
- Generac generators run on your existing natural gas line, or from your propane tank
Power is Directly Plugged into Your Home
- You no longer need to store gasoline for refilling
- No extension cords needed
- Power is delivered directly to your home’s electrical panel
Homestead technicians will maintain your generator on a regular basis and conduct the following:
- Visual inspection for leaks, wear, or damage
- Check air inlet and outlets
- Test battery charge and connections (these should be changed every 3 years)
- Change air filter
- Change spark plug
- Change oil and filter
- Test gas pressure at value gauge
- Inspect and test all wire connections
- Visually inspect transfer switch
- Simulate whole-house power outage and run system with no load test
- Return unit to “standby” mode
- How does the Generac OHVI engine compare to air cooled engines used in other brands of backup generators?
Generac OHVI engines are made specifically for generators. They are engineered to run for long periods of time as required during a severe power outage.
- Do the generators have to be maintained?
All generators require periodic oil and filter changes, yearly maintenance, or maintenance after 250 hours of run time to ensure maximum performance for years of reliable service.